Australia to reconsider Huawei NBN ban
Shenzhen, China- Communication Minister of Australia Malcolm Turnbull indicated in from of telecommunication executives on an American Chamber of Commerce lunch held in Sydney on Friday that the Coalition will reassess the ban on Huawei tendering for the National Broadband Network if the party win the next federal election.
In March of 2012, Australian government decided to adopt the advice of security agencies to ban Huawei from tendering for any contract relating to the National Broadband Network Company. Several requests trying to find out the reason for issuing this ban according to the Freedom of Information had been blocked by the government.
Turnbull said last Friday that the Coalition did not know the reason why Huawei had been banned, but he said the government would reconsider the ban.
“The difficulty we have there is we are not privy to the advice the government has from the intelligence services. It was a very difficult decision to make and I am conscious of the fact that British government has taken a very different attitude to Huawei. However, Britain’s security concerns you think would be just as intense as ours,” Turnbull said. “All I can say is that we will look at that matter when we get into government, if we get into government, we will reconsider this question.”
Shenzhen Post Elaine contributes to the story.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Shenzhen to punish drivers failing to yield to ambulances
- Shenzhen won Innovation Award
- Community Official accused of power abuse
- 460 thousand volunteers registered in Shenzhen
- Hit-and-run driver surrendered to police